What types of projects are eligible?
Projects that reduce the wildfire hazard and risk to communities are eligible for funding. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- FireSmart planning (Wildfire Preparedness Guide and Wildfire Mitigation Strategy development)
- Vegetation management (including vegetation removal, reduction, and species conversion)
- Public education
- Inter-agency cooperation and Cross-training
- Legislation and planning
- Emergency Planning
FireSmart Community Grant Standards
- The maximum allowance per community is $100,000 for the 2015/16 grant year.
- Projects must be completed two years from contract start date. A final report including invoices shall be submitted to the Alberta government.
- Funding will be prioritized to programs that demonstrate a commitment to FireSmart.