Many Aboriginal entrepreneurs and communities can qualify for business development support. Depending on the nature of your project, you may be able to obtain funding to assist with a wide range of activities, including:
- Business planning
- Establishment (capital) costs
- Business acquisitions
- Business expansions
- Marketing initiatives that are local, domestic, or export oriented
- New product or process development
- Adding technology to improve operations and competitiveness
- Operating costs in association with capital costs
- Financial services, business support, business-related training, and mentoring services
The Community Opportunities Readiness funding is available to support First Nations through the developmental phase, as well as with operational land management activities:
- developmental funding assists with the community’s approval process,
- development of the land code, and
- negotiation of the individual agreement.
Operational funding is determined through a formula, which is set out in the individual agreement.