Career Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions and develop their skills. Priority is given to work experience in growth sectors. Career Focus aims to:
- increase the supply of highly qualified workers;
- facilitate the transition of highly-skilled young people to a rapidly changing labour market;
- promote the benefits of advanced studies; and
- Demonstrate federal leadership by investing in the skills required to meet the needs of the knowledge economy.
Eligible applicants include:
- organizations (including not-for-profit);
- public health and educational institutions;
- band or tribal councils, Aboriginal organizations; and
- municipal governments.